FastSpring allows you to accept online payments by also providing a one stop solution which includes shopping cart management, payment page to collect payment information and order management. FastSpring is accepted almost in every country.
LicenseSpot integrates with FastSpring automatically creating a new customer and someone buys from FastSpring and also automatically creating a license when customer successfully pays via FastSpring. We also support quantity handling by updating the number of max activations allowed in a license taken from the quantity ordered.
You can set up this integration in three easy steps.
Step 1: Go into FastSpring and add a new notification
In FastSpring, click on the notification icon at the top menu:
On the notifications page, click to add a new Custom Notification:
Step 2: Configure the custom notification
Fill out the following fields:
- In the Event Type field select Order Completed.
- In the Destination field enter HTTP URL.
- In the Live Server URL enter https://app.licensespot.com/FastSpringWebhook.ashx.
- In the Content Type drop down select Name/Value Parameters.
Click Next and fill out the following fields:
- In the Name field enter LicenseSpot Integration.
- Click on the Security tab and copy into the clipboard or a text the Private Key value field. You’ll need it later.
- Click on the HTTP Parameters tab and the following two new parameters:
- LS_ApiKey: Enter your LicenseSpot API key that can be found under Your Account -> Account Settings.
- LS_LicenseTemplateId: This is the license template to use when creating the license. Generally this is the license template used to create a license once the customer pays. It doesn’t have any trials configured. You can get the ID by editing the template.
Click on Save on the right column.
Step 3: Configure the FastSpring private key
Now to go into LicenseSpot and click on Your Account -> Account Settings.
On the Payment Provider key, paste the FastSpring private key.
Now you’re complete.
For testing, go to Store Testing in the FastSpring home page and place a test order.